SRH will providing intensive medical and rehabilitation care in an ICU culture that promotes early mobilization through physical therapy services.
Medical specialists in all areas of care, including intensivists, physiatrists, anesthesiologists, neurologists, cardiologists, pulmonologists, gastroenterologists and internal medicine specialists:
- 24 hours of critical care per day from specially trained nurses.
- Cardiac, respiratory and hemodynamic monitoring.
- 15 beds in the ICU and focused care to each patient.
- A full team of rehabilitation specialists including physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, dieticians and child life specialist.
- Aggressive programs to wean patients off ventilators as appropriate.
All team members have the experience to prevent and address skin, bowel and bladder complications. This early, aggressive care can mean fewer long-term complications, a lower cost of care and better functional outcomes. The patient will continue to receive daily physical, occupational and speech therapy and assessed by the Physiatrist.
Once the patient is medically stable, he or she will transfer to the appropriate rehabilitation ward. The ICU has an average length of stay of four to five days and offers a 1:1 – 1:2 patient to nurse ratio.